Jul 28, 2010

Flugtag

We attended our first Flugtag! 37 Teams designed "flying" aircrafts that they then proceeded to run off a giant ramp into the Mississippi river. The aircrafts can't have any electrical parts and some of them did some nice gliding. One team broke the record at 207ft. But most teams just fell off like a rock! ( I circled a falling aircraft below. The arrow shows where they were supposed to go...)
The teams really got into the themes that they chose to do for their aircrafts. Claire was photographed being held by a bunch of cavemen. I thought the lumberjacks looked nice with shorts. Aaron liked the fighter plane made out of duct tape and tarps. (the pilots can be seen doing a sexy dance!)  There was clearly something for everyone.


PopPop let Micah borrow his binoculars to get a better view of the falling planes, and Claire enjoyed the shade of her carseat.

1 comment:

Gina said...

OH my gosh! What a fun time! I've never seen a competition like that. Sounds like a wildly entertaining crowd to watch!

That last shot of Claire stole my heart. What a sweetie!