Mar 15, 2012

Girls trip to Italy 2011

I'm so grateful that my Step Mom got the brilliant idea for a girls trip to Italy. Because it was just us girls we shared rooms at convents and monasteries as we traveled. I wouldn't do it any other way. There is way to much to say so I'll just show you some pictures.
Vatican Tour in Rome (our convent was right next door!)
And here is one of our favorite nuns :)
Enjoying getting our toes wet along the Amalfi Coast
Don't forget to look up! The vine covered streets were gorgeous.
I can now check off "Visit Pompaii" off my bucket list. I've been wanting to do this since I was 10!
The entrance to our Monastery we stayed at in Florence.
And the views of Tuscany from the Monastery!
Kittens living in the shed by the vineyards.
Watching art being created
In Florence we skipped the museum lines and watched budding artists at work at the art college.
Couldn't escape the filming of "Jersey Shore" in Florence. Here they are pretending to pick up their laundry.
The "Situation" did not appreciate me yelling "Chao Bella!" as he walked by
Thanks for the white Italian leather jacket Peggy and Dad! Fits like a glove.

The street vendors taught us all sorts of great ways to tie the scarves we bought.
And then there was Venice!
The most amazing evenings. Now we were missing our guys :)
Yes- we took a Gandola tour.
Here was our "driver"
Now we all modeled how we ate Gelato every day...

The perfect gluten free desert for the leader of the pac.

The hardest thing was trying to choose what to try.

This is HAPPINESS!
Lots of shopping to be done.

Some gardens around the ruins of ancient Rome.


Loved the stone sidewalks in Rome.
And the water spouts.

Best drive ever along the "MAMA MIA!!!" highway. Scary at moments  but we survived! And it was worth the view.
lemons everywhere.

Just ate one of the best meals of my life!!!

3 comments:

dalan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Haha, oops wrote a comment as Dalan. Looks amazing! I'm starting my Italy savings account right now!

Gina said...

I want to go to there! Lovely lovely photos, Alli. You really sold it!