Sep 16, 2009

Meeting Micah's Hero


Since Micah was a wee little thing he's loved to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. For those of you that are unfamiliar with this kids show, it is fun for kids and cool enough for the parents to enjoy with them. We love seeing our favorite celebrities on the show, even though the kids have no idea who they are! So we jumped at the opportunity to go to a live show that some of the characters would be at here in Minneapolis. We saw the main character (DJ Lance Rock) in costume from a distance signing autographs. We decided not to put Micah and Claire through the torturous waiting line and just prompted Micah to yell "hi" and waive. He seemed fine with that so we went to a playground to play. As we left the playground a woman commented that my baby was cute ( I had to agree) and started asking questions about her. This woman was standing with DJ Lance Rock! He was in his street clothes but they both chatted with us about our kids for a while. They were super nice and let us take a picture. I think Micah would have been more impressed if he were still wearing his costume from the show. But I still feel like his dreams come true for a day... ok maybe our dreams came true too!

1 comment:

The Sock Monkeys said...

Hi guys!

Happy belated bday to Aarron!
And wow I can't believe you met him in person. I love that show too. I am sure you know that one of the founders (or maybe both) is a BYU guy and a former Aquabat. We miss you both terribly and we wish we knew your two adorable children!
Take care,

Sarah