Apr 20, 2009

Wishes Can Come True!

I wondered if it could ever happen... could we ever finish remodeling our basement? Then came my wish: I told Aaron " I wish we could finish the basement before we have our next baby." And my wish came true. This has been an ongoing project for the last 2 years that we have lived in our house. And my sincere apologies to all our family members that have enjoyed the several unfinished stages of our basement during their visits. Now you all might want to visit again and enjoy this spa like retreat. ( well, compared to what it used to be it's spa like to me!)

I have posted some before and after photos so you can understand the changes that have occurred:


I sure don't miss the wood paneling on the walls!!!




The large main room is very open so kids can play without anything to destroy. Aaron also added french doors to a large office for me to work in from home. Love it! Please note the beautiful rug on the floor. It was a gift from my folks in Saudi Arabia. My dad smuggled the rug over in a large suitcase for me, and I could not have picked out a prettier rug myself. It is very appreciated at the moment because although the basement is "finished" we do technically have one more big thing to do... carpeting! We kinda ran out of funds for that, so while we wait for that to happen we are very much enjoying the silk rug under our tootsies.




Then there is the matter of the bathroom. I used to refer to it as a gas station bathroom. It was really small and gross and had no door. Aaron added a slate tile floor and a shower. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Aaron you are my hero. I just hope our little girl appreciates all her Daddy's hard work!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! Totally impressed. It's beautiful. I'm so glad it is ready before baby girl arrives.

Ron and Peggy said...

Speaking as a former guest housed in the basement, WOW!!!!! I can't wait to see it on our summer visit.

Gina said...

What beautiful results! I love it!