Jun 12, 2009

Sweet Success



Today I am celebrating with a cake. Why? Because I just finished an "11 Day Diet". Basically it is a diet that cuts out carbs and sugars (my 2 favorite foods!). The diet combined with exercise allowed me to drop 8 lbs the past 11 days. Victory is mine!
My friend Anna did the diet with me and we decided to have a party tonight to eat all the things that have been forbidden. So I made a cake. Not just any cake mind you. A chocolate peanut butter cake with dark chocolate/peanut butter ganache frosting. I have been looking at pictures online of the cake for days now as my dieting motivation. ( Aaron calls it my food porn.) And tonight I finally get to eat it. Then it's back on another 11 days of dieting. I wonder what cake i'll make when Im done with that...

3 comments:

Ron and Peggy said...

Wow, 8lbs..congrats!! Do you do wedding cakes, too? LOL

Gina said...

Um I need the details of this diet and pronto! admingina@gmail.com

CONGRATS!!! I am in awe.

Mandy said...

Alli I am impressed with your discipline. I know I couldn't go with out sugar and carbs for 1 day, let alone 11 days. As I am typing this I am eating a rice krispy treat! Good for you. And I am glad you could have your cake and eat it too. You deserve it! We miss you. Your kids are darling. Love the tattoos.